Please note that this is my own personal blog and therefore the views and opinions expressed, although in no way intended to be controversial, are not necessarily those shared by my employers Abbotsbury Tourism Ltd. and Ilchester Estates . All photos are © Steve Groves unless otherwise credited.



Monday 3 March 2014

Canadian Kumlien's Clinched 2

Stop Press!



Further to yesterday's post...It now turns out that there have been two immature Kumlien's Gulls in the Abbotsbury/Bexington area over the last week... the second winter (3rd cy) seen and photographed off Abbotsbury Beach and a first winter (2nd cy) seen and photographed by several observers  on West Bexington Mere and in fields atop Abbotsbury Hill! I'm not sure which of these birds I saw distantly and badly photographed at The Swannery, although I'm leaning towards the first winter. I can not rule out the possibility however that over the three sightings I actually saw both!

No comments:

Post a Comment