Please note that this is my own personal blog and therefore the views and opinions expressed, although in no way intended to be controversial, are not necessarily those shared by my employers Abbotsbury Tourism Ltd. and Ilchester Estates . All photos are © Steve Groves unless otherwise credited.



Monday 23 April 2012

April Showers Update

Just a quick update on yesterday's post... I wasn't working over the weekend but had a good look round The Swannery on Saturday (hence the Little Gulls' sighting) but didn't get down there at all yesterday. Workmate Charlie however, did have a look round but didn't see much of note. What he did see though was this...

A 1st year male Common Goldeneye (with male Tufted Duck) on The Decoy Pond (Charlie Wheeler)...
A late date and odd location for this species at The Swannery.
Charlie also sent me his far superior flight shot of  last Thursday's Glaucous Gull...

1st year Glaucous Gull from Helen Hide (Charlie Wheeler).
 I won't be birding today either as I'm a bit dodgy on the health front but hopefully I'll soon be fighting fit and have plenty to report by my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment